MIS has designed the admissions policy to make sure that students are appropriately placed so that those admitted have a higher probability of success in their overall learning experience. To be able to comply with its mission statement, the school ensures that it admits students who meet the following criteria provided that there is space available for the grades applied for:
All current students are required to re-enroll by the end of Term 2 of the academic year to guarantee a place. A deposit of Dhs.500 is to be paid during this period, deductible from the first term fees of the next academic year. This is non-refundable in case of the student’s withdrawal.
For prospective students wanting admission in KG 1, KG 2 or Grade 1, age is the primary criteria on which basis the child may apply for admission, as set by SPEA.
(As of 31 December, of that academic year)
2016 4 yrs.
2015 5 yrs.
2014 6 yrs.
- The child and the parents are called in for an interview with an interview panel to determine the child’s readiness for school.
- The child should be toilet trained.
- The child should be able to express his/her needs.
- The applicant must have an interview with the admission committee.
- The applicants must submit Report Cards from previous school(s). If the average mark in their previous school is less than 80%, a placement exam in English and Math is taken by the applicant. The minimum passing grade for the entrance exam is 60%.
- Students registering for Grade 12 British need to have passed five IGCSE subjects.
- Other educational needs will be assessed during the initial diagnostic test followed by formative assessments. Admission of the child will be determined both upon the diagnostic test and feedback from the interviewing panel.
- Admission of students with severe physical/mental problems may not be admitted if medical reports determine that they need highly-specialized medical treatment or services that the school cannot definitely provide.
- Parents must declare any medical attention (physical, emotional, or behavioral) that may need school’s attention.
- An application received during the middle of the School Year is thoroughly investigated to determine the reason for admission requirement at such a time.
For admissions in the remaining grades, Grade 2 to Grade 12, it is mandatory to submit the following documents (apart from other documents mentioned further below) based on which a student’s eligibility to apply for admission is considered:
- Pass certificate of the last grade level
- Pass certificate for the last two grades for registration in Grade 11 and Grade 12
- Transfer certificate for students applying for registration during the academic year
- Completed application form.
- Original Emirates ID
- Student passport (2 copies with valid UAE residence visa). Original passport should be presented.
- Sponsor/Guardian passport (2 copies with a valid UAE residence visa)
- Student Birth Certificate (2 copies in either English or Arabic). The original should be presented.
- Recent passport-size photos (6 copies)
- Two copies of the Nationality ID (family book) for Emiratis.
- Student school report from previous school (if applicable) for 2 previous years (1 copy)
- Immunization records (1 copy)
- Application fee (Dh 500) deductible from school fees once child is admitted.
- Continuation of Studies Certificate from the current school and second term report card.
- Before summer vacation, an attested transfer certificate and final report card from the previous school should be submitted.
- Second Term Report Card
- Continuation of Studies Certificate or Financial Clearance from the current school
- Medical File from the current school
- Previous year’s duly attested Final Transcript \ Report from the previous school.
- Medical File from the current school
- Last 2 years duly attested Final Transcripts \ Reports from the previous school(s)
- Original Transfer Certificate and Final Transcript\Report to be attested from the educational authorities (SPEA, KHDA, ADEK, etc.) in the Emirate he\she is transferring from.
- Students who will change the curriculum have to submit a Registration History Certificate, which has to be attested from corresponding educational authorities in their emirates (SPEA, KHDA, ADEK…etc.)
- Students coming from British schools to join Grade 11 or 12 (British curriculum) have to submit IGCSE Certificate with at least 5 subjects with a minimum grade of D and above.
- Original Transfer Certificate and Final Transcript\Report from the previous school should be attested by UAE Embassy in the country the student is coming from.
- The originals of all the required documents have to be produced upon request.
- The registration process would not be completed until the above‐mentioned documents are duly attested and submitted to the Registration Department within the specified time period.
- Information regarding allergies, special medical conditions (physical, emotional, behavioral etc.)
- Updated contact details and telephone numbers for both parents/guardians, and an emergency back-up phone number.